Protecting You From Abusive Collection Tactics
Creditors and debt collectors must follow specific state and federal laws when they attempt to collect debts from consumers. Despite these laws, some businesses persist in debt collection practices that harass consumers and make their lives miserable.
The Law Offices of Kenneth Hiller, PLLC, can help you stop them. Our experienced attorneys focus on protecting the rights of people who are being abused by businesses and collection agencies. If you need relief from creditor harassment, you can rely on our Rochester, NY consumer protection attorneys.
Help for Credit Card Lawsuits, Errors on Your Credit Reports and More
Our consumer rights attorneys represent clients with a wide range of consumer protection needs, especially problems with collection agencies or debt buyers. Our consumer protection practice includes:
- Abusive debt collection: Creditors have a right to pursue payment from consumers, but they must follow certain laws and regulations. If a company has engaged in abusive debt collection practices, our law firm can hold them accountable.
- Credit card defense: Our law firm provides a knowledgeable and aggressive defense against credit card lawsuits, including default judgments. Because your opportunity to respond may be short, contact us as soon as you are served with a summons or learn about a default judgment.
- Fair Credit Reporting Act: You may find it difficult to obtain a loan if your credit report contains inaccurate information. We work to get errors corrected quickly and to recover compensation if you have suffered damages from the mistakes.
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA): Are you being harassed by debt collectors? You can stop them. The FDCPA regulates debt collectors and debt buyers. If they violate FDCPA laws, you may be eligible for financial compensation for the phone calls, letters and other abuse you receive.
- Stop collection calls: Endless collection calls can be one of the most stressful parts of owing a debt. Our law firm can help you stop the calls.
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA): You may be entitled to compensation if a business or collection agency leaves recorded phone messages (robocalls) or violates other provisions of this act.
Except for some credit card defense matters, our lawyers handle consumer protection cases on a contingency fee basis. As a result, you will not owe us anything unless we are successful. If the court finds that the other party violated the law, it may require that party to pay your fees.
Contact the Law Offices of Kenneth Hiller, PLLC
Schedule a free consultation to learn more about your rights and how the Law Offices of Kenneth Hiller, PLLC, can help you. Call 202-524-0244 or reach us online.