Experienced Attorneys for Disability Benefits
A disability that prevents a worker from keeping a job can cause significant economic hardship. Fortunately, the federal government provides a range of benefits programs that can take the financial sting out of an injury or illness that prevents a person from working.
At the Rochester, NY Law Offices of Kenneth Hiller, PLLC, we can help you assess your situation and advise you about benefits programs for which you may be eligible. We can help with the entire application process for benefits, including completing paperwork, gathering evidence, attending hearings and providing other guidance through the process. Contact our Rochester, NY attorneys for a free consultation.
Understanding Federal Disability Benefits
Our law firm represents people who are eligible for disability benefit programs, including:
- Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits: SSD is available to people who paid enough Social Security taxes before becoming unable to work because of illness, injury or other disability.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI): SSI may be available to people who are disabled but do not have the work history required for SSD.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) for children: The SSI program provides children with benefits if they meet financial eligibility requirements and have disabilities that affect their ability to function.
- VA disability benefits: Many veterans who have a disability that is related to their service may be eligible for benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Widows, children and survivor claims: Widows and widowers may be eligible for disability benefits if they become disabled within seven years of the death of a spouse who was eligible for SSD and meet other requirements. Children who become disabled before age 22 may be entitled to their parents’ SSD benefits. Dependent adults may be entitled to SSD benefits based on their children’s working history in some cases.
- SSD benefits for dependents: If you have minor children and are successful in applying for SSD, you may be eligible for an additional monthly payment to help care for your children.
- Long-term disability insurance: People who become disabled may also be eligible for benefits under disability plans purchased individually or by employers. We can help apply for these benefits and appeal any denials.
Call the Rochester NY Law Offices of Kenneth Hiller, PLLC, Today
To arrange a free consultation with one of our lawyers, call 877.236.7366. You may also fill out our secure online form and someone from our office will contact you.